First Timers Skiers and Snowboarders
Mt Dobson is a brilliant ski field for first timers to learn how to ski and snowboard. Our friendly team will help you choose the lift/lesson/rental package that will suit you and the lifties will show you the ropes at the platter and chairlift. Our queues are quick and relaxed so there's no pressure to get up the platter the first time.
The Mt Dobson Ski Field access road
entrance is shown on our location map; 11km west of Fairlie.
If you are driving, you must carry a set of tyre chains that fit your vehicle (this applies to 4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive). Chains can be hired from the Ski Shack (ski shop) in Fairlie or purchased from a service station.
Drive up the road until you see the chain fitting sign, this will be at one of several locations and on a wider section of the road; you must fit your chains where indicated. If you do not see a sign keep driving on up to the car park. Please angle park.
Next, come along to the ticket office at the north end of the car park (No payment required to this stage). Our ticket office Staff will look after your requirements, regarding lift passes, ski or snowboard rental, clothing and lessons, and inform you where to collect the above. Eftpos is available.
Check out Tickets and Pricing for details on beginner packages consisting of skis, boots & poles, or snow board hire, a lesson and learners lift pass or collect a brochure from any ski and sports shops or information centres.
* The toilets are the first building on the car park.
* The beginners and intermediate slopes are above the car park and are groomed regularly.
* Your first experience may be a little daunting - to make it easier, pick a fine day and wear warm clothing.
* Mt Dobson's learner slopes are in the sun all day which makes for more enjoyment.
* Ski & snowboard group lessons are available at 11am & 1.30pm and run for 1.5 hours. Private lessons are available any time, no need to prebook, just check in at the Ski School window.
* Remember our staff are here to serve you, and help you use the lifts. If you are unsure about anything - just ask one of our friendly staff.
* You may upgrade from a beginners package to use the more advanced lifts at any time. You need to visit the ticket office, to pay a little extra and change your ticket.
Have a great day!