Mount Dobson Ski & Snowboard Club
Who joins a club and why?
Any one who shares a mountain passion and a thrill of this sport. Parents who wish to extend their children's skills …people who enjoy socializing with like minded people…those who enjoy contributing to mountain events…athletes who value competition. This is an arena like no other for thrills with your mates (if you're up to it of course :-)
Other Reasons people join the Dobson Club…
- ½ day rates for a full day pass
- Discounted lessons at ski school
- Eligibility to enter kids in the Development clinics.
- A club lunch shelter with a view to envy is for members use
- Join social events and club races
- Learn so much about running mountain events that your committee designs.
- Meet new people and build networks to share transport up the mountain.
What can you do for the club?
- Offer to help at the occasional lunch time B.B.Q. fund raiser out side the club shelter and meet other members.
- Help at one or two race events run by the club It is easy if lots pitch in to help
- Consider joining the committee if you feel you can enrich the club…really.
- Encourage others to experience the sport, the people, the mountain and they might join too.
- Get the kids motivated to gain proficiency quickly so they are hooked on the mountain sport for life.
Why is the Dobson Club special?
It draws members from a huge area some of whom are supported by the club and with dedicated parents urging them on reach national and international honour and recognition. This club has an events ability that you usually pay for at a commercial field …we're good at it and have the equipment to keep it that way as long as members are keen to pitch in a little.
Club funds heavily support this keen group of capable 8-16 year old skiers and boarders .Student club members enroll early in the season at the ski instructors hut. For 2 hours each Sunday. Parents pay a small daily subsidy ($12 approx.) and students are expected to commit to it like any other sport would expect. To get so much quality tuition for so little cost is a rare commodity today- so enjoy.
Seasons 'high points'.
Aoraki secondary School Racing Sunday 16 Aug. The following one (23rd) if 16th closed.
Club Champs Sunday 1pm Date TBD
Sunday "Fun Race" sessions July 26th and Aug 2nd. Test your skills against a race course with gates. No pressure but a fun way to improve your ski and race skills
How do you contact the club?
Secretary. Richard Willis
Ring President . Steve Morse - 0272795457 email@example.com
Or contact us via our Facebook page.