Terms and Conditions
General Terms And Conditions
In these terms and conditions the following words have the following meaning:
“MDSA” means Mount Dobson Ski area.
“Pass” means all lift passes including all season passes, multi saver passes and easy pack pass.
“You” means any person entering MDSA (including access road).
All prices are in NZ dollars and are subject to change without notice.
Rates include GST.
If you enter MDSA (including access road) or purchase a pass or snow sport product you will be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
- The duration of the winter season is subject to weather, snow and market conditions at the time and may change without notice. MDSA offers no guarantee as to the opening date, length of season , lifts and facilities that may be operating on any given day or time.
- MDSA operates in a mountain environment where conditions can change rapidly.MDSA reserves the right to close any lift , run, area or facility at any time for any reason.
- Lift passes will not be refunded due to weather or other operating contingencies affecting any lift, run ,area or facility. This includes any partial or full closure of the ski area.
- Users of MDSA must carry a valid pass.
- Passes are deemed to be personal to the original purchaser/user and are non transferable.
- Passes are non resaleable, non transferable and non refundable.
- MDSA will not accept responsibility for lost, stolen, forgotten or destroyed passes.
- You acknowledge and accept you are liable for any misuse that occurs while your pass is not in your possession unless you have already reported your pass lost/stolen prior to the misuse occurring. You acknowledge and accept that we may cancel your pass if another person is caught using your pass prior to you reporting your pass as lost or stolen.
- A lost, stolen or forgotten pass must be reported to MDSA. A replacement pass will only be supplied at the discretion of MDSA. A $10 fee will apply to replace pass. Your original pass will be cancelled and will no longer be valid.
- The pass holder agrees to the rules, regulations and directions as expressed by MDSA.
- Skiing, snowboarding, hiking, snow sports and utilizing the road access into an alpine environment are all potentially hazardous. There are marked and unmarked, natural and manmade hazards within the ski area. You agree (to the extent permitted by law) to use the ski area at your own risk and assumes all risk of personal injury and property loss.
- All pass holders must abide by all signs and instructions when driving on ski area access roads. Failure to abide by signs and instructions or reckless and dangerous driving will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund.
- All pass holders must abide by the snow users responsibility code. Misconduct will result in the deactivation of the lift pass.
- All refunds and cancellation of any product is at the discretion of MDSA (subject to any rights you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act) Any refunds requested on medical grounds must be supported by a medical certificate. Refunds may be subject to the useage of the pass. MDSA reserves the right to apply processing fees. No refunds shall be given due to snow conditions as this is beyond MDSA control.
- Any breach of these terms, or other terms that apply to you may result in the withdrawal of your pass.
Additional terms for Season Pass and Multi Saver Pass Holders
“Season pass” means any pass that allows multi day access to MDSA (including season pass, multi saver pass, adult, youth, student, child)
- All ages for season pass purchases are taken as at 1 June 2018.
- MDSA lift access and any benefits associated with a season pass are not valid until full payment is made for that season pass.
- When you apply for a season pass you must supply a photo taken within the last 12 months, showing a front view of the face, head and shoulders. No sunglasses or hats to be worn. Children (up to 17 years) must have their photos updated annually.
- MDSA reserves the right to limit the number of season passes available for the 2018 operating season.
- No refunds will be given for season passes after 4 weeks from opening day of ski season.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.